this post is gonna be a long one, cuz I have a lot to say !
:)
monday.
we left for Edmonton.
I had forgotten my blazer, but borrowed Chantel's extra. we stopped in Red Deer in Gasoline Alley. I got chips & whatnot. we watched Role Models, & then most of Blades of Glory. Role Models was pretty funny, although very stupid. it had a cute ending. we had lunch at IKEA, which was surprisingly good. :) I got a chicken caesar & some Mountain Dew. I'll definitely eat at IKEA next time I'm there. :) so yummy. :)
after lunch, we went out to the bus, & the boys changed, & then we changed.
the bus ride was pretty short from IKEA to the festival barns. I had to tape up the blazer that I was wearing, so that I didn't look eight months pregnant, & was a little bit uncomfortable, but I still looked alright. :) we sounded fantastic in the warmup room, but ended up sounding not so good during the actual performance. we still got Good + though, & we did our best. our adjuticator was a pretty awesome woman. :) she was friendly & nice, & she didn't bullshit us. she helped us out a lot, & after we were done, we sounded pretty good.
after festival, we went to the hotel & unloaded our stuff.
we changed back into our civvies. afterwards, we walked to The Old Spaghetti Factory. it was only about six blocks from the hotel, & the weather was fairly nice outside. I got the spaghetti & meatballs. the spaghetti was good, but the meatballs tasted kinda gross. after supper, we walked back to the hotel, & then got on the bus to go bowling.
the bowling alley was in the basement of a bridal shop, & looked like it hadn't been renovated since the early '60s. it was pretty amazingg. it was a super fun time, too. :)
I took a lot of pictures, & I'll be sure to upload the good ones here later. :)
when we got back to the hotel, I had a quick shower.
I almost died getting in & out of the shower, as it was crazy slippery.
after I showered, I quickly blow-dried my hair, & Alisha straightened it for me. her straightener is seriously amazing, & it made my hair nice & straight. after she showered, I straightened hers for her as well. :) Casey & Sharon were dancing on the bed & singing Beatles' songs. I got a good video of Casey dancing like an idiot, & Sharon got a good video of Casey singing (while Sharon danced in the background), & then Casey went up to the camera, stuck her face in it, & asked really loudly, "ARE YOU RECORDING?" it was pretty funny. :)
we didn't sleep much that night.
we took a ton of pictures, a couple of videos, & we ate a ton of junk food.
it was a pretty fun time though. :)
tuesday.
I woke up tuesday morning feeling absolutely dreadful.
my tummy hurt like you wouldn't believe, & I had a headache. my eyes were incredibly sore, & it was hard to put on makeup. my jazz tee was super comfy though, & that helped. I borrowed Steve's giant grey sweater from Sharon, & wore that all day. I didn't want to give it back though, bcuz it was soo comfy & warm.
the jazz band played for an elementary school right by West Ed Mall, & we sounded pretty good. all of the little girls (& some of the hot young teachers) were all fluttery eyelashes & pointless questions for Michael, cuz he's pretty good on his guitar. it was really funny to watch. Sharon & I found like ten little asian kids we were gonna kidnap, cuz they were so damn cute. there was one particularly chubby little one, & that was the first one we noticed. soo cutee. :)
after that, we packed up our stuff & piled onto the bus. we stopped at Tim Hortons, but Cody saw the Starbucks across this four lane street, so we booked it & almost got hit by like four different cars. the barista took like fifteen minutes to make our drinks, but that was okay bcuz he made them really well. as we were running back across the street, we almost got hit yet again, by another four cars. it was so intense. we just made it back to the bus on time. thankfully we weren't the last ones there though. lol.
I drank my drink, & slept from Edmonton to Red Deer, where we stopped for lunch. we ate at The Donut Mill, which has great soups & sandwiches, but I still didn't feel hungry. I opted for ice cream, which was really good as well. :) it made me feel a bit better, as I know that ice cream always does. :)
on the rest of the ride home, we watched the rest of Blades of Glory, & then Mr & Mrs Smith. I was awake from Red Deer to Calgary, & it seemed to go by pretty quickly. I mostly just listened to music & stared out the window. I couldn't sleep any more.
once we got back to Calgary, Tom had already arrived (thankfully), but we had to stop at the shop. we were there until like, 4:30p. it was brutal, & I was slightly embarrassed, bcuz I knew that Sharon was tired & just wanted to go home. I got home at 5p, changed into some sweatpants, & laid in bed. after having laid down for about half an hour, I felt much better. we had Subway for supper, & then I laid down again. I needed a shower, but I ended up falling asleep at about 6p. I woke up at 7:30a the next day.
wednesday.
I felt like shiiiiit.
I was tired, & in a bad mood.
I felt like I hadn't slept, & I didn't want to go to school.
I got up at about 7:30a, & was ready by about 7:40a. lol.
I laid in mum's (warm) bed until about 8:15a when Sharon & Steve came. we missed jazz, but I didn't care, bcuz I didn't wanna be there anyway. in art, I just helped Sonja color her kite. I don't feel like doing my own. Zak had beef jerky, & it was very good. in chem, I basically did nothing. I took notes, but I still didn't feel like doing anything, so I didn't. Shona fell asleep (sitting up) in her text book, & it was pretty funny. we went for a walk to my locker, basically just to kill time.
in math, I sat & stared at my textbook all class. I don't understand how to graph on my calculator, & kinda just fucked up my calculator trying to figure it out. lol. I'm too afraid of my classmates to ask for help. lol.
we had to stay after school for jazz for the open house.
we all went out for supper though, & it was a pretty fun time.
half of us went to Opa, & the other half went to Subway.
in our car, we had Michael, Sharon, Harriet & I. we discussed the fact that Michael & I hate being asked what we're going to do after high school, so Michael's decided that he's going to start telling everyone that he's gonna become a male exotic dancer, & I'm gonna tell everyone that I'm gonna sit at home & do drugs all day. lol. not the truth, at all, but we don't know what we're gonna do, so that's the answer for now. lol.
the open house went well, I suppose.
although everyone was getting sick, which is not good..
today.
my ride didn't come.
oh well, I got to sleep in.
I got to school at 10:40a.
I saw Raylene & Rebecca on the bus & had a nice chat with them. it certainly brightened up my already bleak morning. we chatted about nothing in particular. Rebecca's really sick, which isn't good.
when I got to school, I had already missed chem, which I wasn't complaining about. I had art, & Sonja & I helped Zak finish his kite.
Sharon didn't come to school today, so I basically just sat on the bench with Remy & Shifrah, talking about nothing. during math, we waited like half an hour for Shona to actually show up, so that we could have a talk about.. I'm not too sure what. lol. we never actually did have that talk. lol. & then afterward, Kurt & I sat & did nothing. well, that's not entirely true. I texted & drew in my workbook, & he stared blankly into space, coming over to see if I was actually working or not, making sure he wasn't the only one not doing anything.
after school, Chantel & I went to Macs, & then caught the bus.
we had just caught the bus. we chatted to AJ, Kenny, & Colin on the bus.
I went through AJ & Kenny's wallets. there really wasn't anything exciting in either of their wallets.
we pulled through the University, & while the bus was stopped, we saw this guy dancing at the bus stop. Kenny opened the window & was shouting (mild) catcalls. even Marie joined in, which is incredibly surprising, bcuz Marie's always been the really timid, quiet type. she shouted out the window at him, "Yeahhh! Back up that truck!" it was so funny hearing her say something like that.
we had nachos for a late night snack this evening.
it was pretty delicious.
I should really go, though.
it's currently 1:14a, & I'm tiiiired.
so, keep updated, & have a goodnight. ♥
this is all about me
- tannikka ツ
- I'm eighteen. there isn't much to know about me because I'm actually pretty boring. I change often. I can never make up my mind and I'm super awkward. I'm weird and I like weird things. I would love to be a housewife but I don't like children. I love quotes, movies and quotes from movies. that's all I have to say, actually. (:
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment