I realize that I was supposed to post on wednesday or thursday, but time got the best of me.
ohhhhhkay. :)
so here's what happened this week;
monday.
I left for band camp first thing in the morning (after almost tearing myself in half on the ice). we got there at about 10:15 am. it was a fairly short bus ride, although it felt like it was about two hours. we unpacked & picked our rooms when we got there, & set up for our first rehearsal (which was after sectionals). my sectional that morning was in the gym (which is separated from the rest of the building). none of us felt like playing, so we took turns pretending to play while the other two played basketball. it worked fairly well. afterward, we had lunch & then rehearsal. monday was devoted entirely to Second Suite in F, & our clinician was kind of a jerk to me. his shirt was about a size too small, & was very unflattering on him. I also almost cried, bcuz his "constructive criticism" was more of an impatient "why don't you know your part? YOU FAIL" type of thing. haha. :) once rehearsal was done, I was quite thankful. I didn't think I'd make it through. we had more sectionals, but still didn't really accomplish much, & then we had another rehearsal after supper. supper was so good. we had chicken drumsticks & rice. for dessert, my band teacher's husband brought her kids out (soo adorable) & we had cupcakes, cuz it was Josh's birthday. after evening rehearsal, we watched Employee of the Month. that movie makes me laugh so hard every time I watch it. :) my favorite character is definitely Jorge. :)
tuesday.
we got up & had breakfast.
after breakfast, we had a rehearsal. tuesday was devoted entirely to Spitfire! I don't mind Spitfire! now that I understand my part a bit better, but I still don't feel that my part fits properly with the rest of the piece. I suppose once I fully improve, it'll sound better. lol. after rehearsal, we had another sectional. this time, we had a sectional in the girls' cabin with the saxes & trumpets. :) it was too fun. I quickly showered, & just after I'd gotten out of the shower, my band teacher came into the cabin, looked directly at me (with my sopping wet, just-out-of-the-shower hair) & said that she really appreciates how responsible my section is, & that she also really appreciates that we work so hard in our sectionals. I just smiled & thanked her, but it took a lot of self-control not to burst out laughing. after she'd left to check on the other sections, we resumed the mattress surfing on the plastic mattresses down the stairs. it was soo funny. after lunch, we had "team-building" on the African drums that had been brought out. that lasted for almost two hours, but felt like so much less. we then had sectionals, homework time, supper, & yet another rehearsal. thankfully tuesday's clinician was sooo much nicer. he politely asked me if I knew my part, & when I told him that I had no clue how it was supposed to sound, he sung it for me while I played it. then we watched Across the Universe. I had never seen Across the Universe, but I'm a little bit surprised that I didn't have nightmares from the intensely messed up acid-trip scenes. lol. I was quite content with the movie, overall, though. :)
wednesday.
we had breakfast & then we had rehearsal. this rehearsal was much better than the others, though, cuz we got to sit in a circle, beside whomever we wanted, & then play our pieces. we played both. we sounded pretty good, & it required a lot of listening, but I was sitting btw both of the people that I always have to listen to, but normally can't hear. it was good. :) afterward, we packed up & loaded onto the bus. we got back to school at about 1:15, & were allowed to go. when I got home, I crawled into bed & had a nap. after having a very deep nap, I had supper, & then got ready for the rest of the week. I felt so refreshed after my nap, though. it was good. :)
thursday.
I slept in, by accident, but it was alright, cuz mum did too.
I got to school, & was kinda depressed with my classes. I have Art, Chem, Band, & Math. I have Jazz, too, but that's on wednesday-thursday mornings at 7:30. that starts again this week. I'm looking forward to Jazz. I love my guitar, & I love our Jazz band. it's not as good (or as close) as last year's was, but it's still good. :)
friday.
art sucked. she makes us form up outside for like, half an hour, while she waits for us to be absolutely silent so that she can explain to us that she wants us to be absolutely silent. how stupid is that? I don't like her teaching style. she's a sweet woman, but she's not a very good teacher, & I don't like art classes. I don't really believe in that whole being-told-what-to-draw-&-when thing. not for me. :/
chem, oh god, chem. I'm totally gonna fail, I just know it. I don't understand a single part of chem, & I get so confused that I can't do much but give up. Kayla & I are struggling so much, & she always gets really impatient when answering our Qs. she could have a little bit more patience when dealing with us, but I guess she doesn't. that's gonna screw me up this semester. she doesn't really explain much, cuz she expects us to know it. I feel like crying, cuz I get so confused. it doesn't much help that the kid that I sit beside in chem is kinda cute, but really silent. we had science together last semester, but we don't talk. it's so awkward, & unless I'm voicing my frustration to Kayla (who I don't normally get along with), then I'm silent as well. chem sucks.
band was alright that afternoon. we discussed what we're gonna do for festival if we can't pull Spitfire! together. we also discussed what we're gonna do for the two days we're in Edmonton (which I'm soo excited for). we're gonna leave that morning, change on the bus, hit IKEA up for lunch, head to festival, play, get supper at the Old Spaghetti Factory, then go glow bowling. :) after glow bowling, we're gonna head to the hotel, where we can order room service, as long as we pay for it on the spot, & the next morning, the Jazz band is playing at a kindergarten (weird, I know) & then it's back on the bus to come home. it's gonna be an intense forty-eight hours, but it'll be tons of fun. :) I'm so excited.
then we had an assembly, & I was on duty band. our entire duty band was girls, except maybe one? hahah. we couldn't stop laughing & talking, & then Shifrah got blamed for it. that just made us all burst out laughing again, for which we got into a fair amount of trouble, lol. we got our report cards, & I didn't do so well.. I could've done so much better, but I did awful on my finals. I dunno how I did on my diploma, yet, cuz they mail you those results. I'm anxious to find out. hopefully I passed, but I doubt it.. :/
that night, I babysat for my band teacher, & her children are just soo adorable. :) they were already in bed by the time that I had gotten there, so I sat & watched a movie (Moulin Rouge, my favorite musical) til they got home. they're not gonna pay me til the end of the year. instead, they're keeping a tally of how much they owe me, & she's just gonna get that transferred into Euros for the grad trip at the end of the year. she's one of the staff supervisors, so she's just gonna pay that out when we're at the airport. :) it's a better deal than paying me, cuz I'm horrible at saving money. lol.
saturday.
I woke up & cooked myself some lunch. I made chicken, rice, & corn. it was soo good, & soo what I wanted. :) I sat & painted all afternoon, & then I had to work. I got home two hours late, bcuz work sucked & an extra bus came in last minute. after work, Treena & I ordered hot wings, which were so delicious, I could've eated about forty more. :) yummmyyy. :)
so, hopefully, I'll post more tomorrow. :)
I have a lot going through my head right now, & I need to get it all out.
so check back! :)
this is all about me
- tannikka ツ
- I'm eighteen. there isn't much to know about me because I'm actually pretty boring. I change often. I can never make up my mind and I'm super awkward. I'm weird and I like weird things. I would love to be a housewife but I don't like children. I love quotes, movies and quotes from movies. that's all I have to say, actually. (:
Sunday, February 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment